Saturday 24 March 2012

Craft Room Chair Re-vamp


LINK TO MY PINSPIRATION

MY OWN PINSPIRED CREATION



I love the look of the room in my Pinspiration, with the pastel walls and dramatic black and white damask curtains. However, I don't want curtains in my Craft Room, as they would block too much light, and when I started to look at the price of damask fabric I was shocked at how expensive it was! I did want to add a touch of black and white damask somewhere though without it costing me a fortune. I decided to recover the seat of the chair I'd bought for the room (second hand) as it wouldn't take up too much fabric, it would be quick and simple to do and I don't like the dirty looking pink toile that's on there at the moment!

This project took less than 20 mins to complete! The longest part was removing the staples holding the toile fabric in place! Once I'd done that I used the toile as a template to cut my damask, carefully positioning the fabric so the pattern had a pleasing placement :-) Then I cut it out and used a heavy duty stapler to staple it to the chair seat. I stapled opposing sides, making sure the fabric was pulled tight and then finished the rest of each side, again taking care to pull the fabric taut and keep the tension even across the whole seat. It was a bit of a faff doing the corners, but after a bit of folding and tweaking I got them finished to my satisfaction and I was done :-)


MY VERDICT
Super easy project, which makes an instant and dramatic change to my Craft Room chair - much more to my taste now :-)

WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
I'd ask Mr Messy for some pliers sooner, rather than ruin a pair of scissors by trying to use them to first lever out one side of the original staples and then pull out the second!

No comments:

Post a Comment