Friday 11 May 2012

Ribbon Storage



LINK TO MY PINSPIRATION

MY OWN PINSPIRED CREATION
At the moment my ribbon is all stuffed in a tin higgeldy piggeldy and I have no idea what is in there!  So I was poking around on Pinterest looking for a better way of storing ribbon most of the Pins I found were for storing spools of ribbon, not lots of different lengths like I've got, so when I found the above Pin it was perfect :-)  Even down to the idea of fastening the ribbons with hair grips instead of pins :-)

After a LOT of trial and error I found that the flat bobbins I wanted were called "floss bobbins" and ordered them.  Once everything arrived I set off sorting and winding my ribbons, and hanging all the similar colours on the same book rings.  Then all I had to do was hang them on the wall.  I didn't want to have them hanging from plain picture hooks, so I used the same idea as in my Pinspiration and used plastic headed drawing pins.

MY VERDICT
A great way to store and display ribbons.  I can see exactly what I have and hopefully this will stop me buying more of the same ribbons over again!

WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
I'd try to find larger plastic floss bobbins, as the cardboard ones I bought were quite flimsy and I have to use two together to make them sturdy enough, and the ones I bought are only about 1 1/2" long and they are too small really.

No comments:

Post a Comment