Wednesday 21 March 2012

Medicine Cabinet Re-organised

LINK TO PINSPIRATION

MY PINSPIRED CREATION

I regularly browse Pinterest looking at various cleaning and organising tips, and this one grabbed my attention, probably due to the number of health problems in our family at the moment! Our Medicine Cabinet has always been a largish white shoe box with a Red Cross drawn on the side, and everything shoved inside higgeldy piggeldy, making it almost impossible to find anything quickly or easily. The picture above looked so well organised and inspiring :-) So when me and Mr Messy went to the Supermarket that evening we bought some cheap plastic food storage tubs, I hadn't measured the space so we only bought four. I started off by completely emptying the Medicine Cabinet and getting rid of everything that had expired, I was surprised at how much there was to throw out as I regularly go through this cupboard!! I found that I could fit 6 boxes in the space, rather than the 4 I'd bought and definitely need the extra two, as we have way more medicines etc than will fit in the four! I also needed to revise my original "categories" as I had way more than six! I went out to buy the extra two boxes and reorganised again and now my Medicine Cabinet is much more user friendly :-)
MY VERDICT
Great idea from Pinterest. Great result at minimum costs (£1.75/box = £10.50). Thrilled with my new organised Medicine Cabinet :-)

WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
I'd measure the space before buying the boxes, so I'd know how many I needed first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment