Thursday 19 July 2012

Prettyfying a Plain Magnetic Noticeboard

LINK TO MY PINSPIRATION



MY OWN PINSPIRED CREATION
I bought a cheap, metal magnetic noticeboard for my Craft Room.  To make it prettier, I Mod Podged wrapping paper onto it.  Even using a brayer, I had a lot of trouble getting the paper flat, and it has a LOT of wrinkles, especially on one of the bottom corners :-(  I didn't want to rip it all off and try again, so I fumed over it for a few days!!  Then I fumed EVEN MORE when one of the cats knocked over my newly prettyfied Charity Shop vase!!  When I'd calmed down, and was working on finishing a different project, I decided to re-use the materials I had used on the now smashed vase, to disguise the wrinkles on the noticeboard.

Once my noticeboard was looking so pretty, I didn't want to spoil it with ugly, plain metal magnets.  So I found some big buttons (the magnets are large!!) and glued those onto the magnets - much prettier :-)

MY VERDICTI'm going to have to practice getting my Mod Podging smooth!!

WHAT I'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
I don't think I'd change much, as my "mistakes" made me add even more prettiness to my noticeboard and I like it a lot more than if it were just covered in the wrapping paper :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment