Monday 6 August 2012

Cookie Ice Cream Bowls


LINK TO MY PINSPIRATION



OUR PINSPIRED CREATIONI decided that we would use a UK recipe for soft choc chip cookies, both so that I wouldn't have to "translate" the recipe and also so that the Littlies were more likely to enjoy the familiar taste.  Our experience with Jelly Biscuits was a bit of a disastrous start to our weekly baking challenge, so I'm trying to make this time a bit more successful :-)  We weighed and measured, sifted and mixed and then put our "bowls" in the oven to cook.  When checking the recipe to see what temperature to set the oven to, I noticed to my horror that we'd forgotten to use eggs!!!  No wonder the mix was too crumbly and I'd had to add milk!!  There was no way to rescue it by now, so we cooked it anyway to see how it turned out.

OUR VERDICT
It was a MESS!!!  The eggless mix had spread all over the upside down muffin tray, and despite all the greasing I'd done it was stuck solid!!  Despite this the Littlies wanted to try and eat some, so they broke off some pieces and ate them - they were declared tasty :-)  So not a complete disaster, but pretty close!!!

WHAT WE'D DO DIFFERENTLY NEXT TIME
I'd get all the ingredients out and weighed before the Littlies got involved, and I'd make sure not to forget any ingredients!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment